This week’s list: List your favorite characters from books, movies, television, etc…
- Scarlett O’Hara from Gone With the Wind
- Rose DuWitt Bukater from Titanic
- Darcy Rhone of Something Borrowed/Something Blue
- Margaret Simon from Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret
- Farley Drexel Hatcher (aka “Fudge”) from Tales of A Fourth Grade Nothing, Superfudge, Fudge-a-mania, and Double Fudge.
- Jo Polniaczek from The Facts of Life
- Blair Warner from The Facts of Life
- Laura Ingalls Wilder (Specifically Melissa Gilbert’s version) from Little House on the Prairie.
Take Action: Find a common personality trait between all of your favorite characters. What is one character trait you admire?
I’d never really thought about it before until now because they sort of seem like a diverse group in my head. Still, when it comes right down to it all of them (except for maybe Fudge) are more than what they appear to be. At first glance, they seem stereotypical, but when you really get to know the characters, they are a lot deeper, stronger, and opinionated when you first meet them. They may be debutantes, superficial or classic tomboys, but there is always more to them than meets the eye and there is a part of me that has something in common with each one of them.