This week, we are asked to list our dream trips. I have to admit, I have never really thought about this before. My parents didn’t do much traveling, so I have never thought much about this, but if there were places I would like to see before I die, I guess they would be:
- Disney World (Of course I’ve been there but who wouldn’t want to go back?)
- Prince Edward Island (The land of Anne of Green Gables)
- Washington D.C.
- The Grand Canyon
- Any national park (because I have never been to one.)
- Mt. Rushmore
I’m sure there are others, but those are the ones I can think of for now. The book says in order to take action, that we should implement the type of things we like to do on vacation in our every day lives. By their nature, vacations are supposed to be relaxing, but any vacation I have taken feels more like work (especially number 1.) I guess I could start taking in some state parks and taking the opportunity to travel more than I do.
Where would you go? Let me know below or contact me through
This week’s list asks us to list the things that cheer you up! What made the cut for you?
- Hearing “Stairway to Heaven.”
- Hearing any song by Heart on the radio.
- When someone follows my blog.
- Pictures of Disney World.
- When I plant something.
- When it germinates.
- Vincent’s smile.
- A kid with a great laugh!
- When someone says “I Love You.”
- A good book.
- A good movie.
- Fan mail
- Found money.
Take action: circle the things that you can do yourself. You are the only owner of your happiness.
This week’s lists asks me to name the ways in which I have fun. (Note: I am only listing actives that are appropriate to be mentioned in a blog.)
- Spending some solo time with various members of my family.(We tend to turn everything into an epic adventure.)
- Spending time with everyone in my family.
- Playing Guitar
- Going to the Movies
- Going to Concerts
- Going to the Theater
- Playing Tennis
- Going to places I’ve never been before.
- Hanging with Friends
- Going to Disney World.
This week’s list tells us to list the happiest moments of our lives. According to the author, “sometimes it’s easy to forget all of the wonderful things that have happened in our lives.” This list is a good way to remind us that we really have had a wonderful life! (BTW: This list is not in any particular order…as you will see, I have had some pretty awesome experiences so it’s impossible to put it in any kind of numerical order.)
- When I first met Nancy Wilson.
- When I got to interview Ann Wilson.
- When I saw them both and got to personally tell them how much they meant to me. (I also got to give Nancy a copy of my first book since she is mentioned in the acknowledgements. LOL)
- When I met Pope Benedict XVI
- When I got to be on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Whenever I sing.
- The Christmas I got my black guitar.
- Whenever I have fallen in love. (It’s only happened a couple of times so…yeah)
- When my children were born.
- When my children have a big milestone or get to do something really cool and I get to be part of it.
- Whenever I am at Disney World.
- When I met Ivan Lendl.
- When I met Gene Simmons.
- Whenever I meet someone I admire.
- The summer I was 13.
- When I was with my parents.