This week we are asked to list all of the things we would like to make:
I am really pretty creative but I create as a go so…it’s hard to make a list of things I want to do. Still, I’ll give it a go:
- A Cross stitch of Main Street USA at Walt Disney World
- A cross stitch of the buildings at Epcot
- The 15 foot Doctor Who scarf for Vincent
- To finish my wedding scrap book (I’ve only been married for 2 years so what’s the hurry
- To make a good grade on the GRE test so I can apply for doctoral programs
- Make clothes for Sara’s emily doll
- Finish my basement
- Finish my closet
- To make a retractable clothes line
- to install a screen on the porch
- To create a good landscape
Take action: Start one new project this week and set a time to complete it.
Hmmm….I am working on the first one as we speak but in order to start a second one…I’m going to go with the closet and I’m going to give myself until October (so that I can save the money for the project as well as complete it.
Once again, I’m tardy with this and for that I apologize. This weeks list is to list the things that make your spirit feel free:
- Playing guitar
- Playing tennis
- Creating anything
- Walking in nature
- Being by water
In order to take action, the author asks us to Turn one of your easiest freedoms-enhancing activities into a weekly routine. You deserve a little magic and lightness this year.
Today’s list is all about the people you want to be like. I’ll refrain from judging you if you refrain from judging me about who made the cut for me! LOL OK, here we go:
- Ann Wilson
- Gene Simmons (The man is a brilliant businessman)
- Judy Blume (In my opinion one of the best authors ever!)
- JK Rowling (I love the fact that she kept her common sense in the face of writing such an amazing story!)
- Martha Stewart
- My grandmother
- My former religion teacher who has more faith than I will EVER have.
I know it seems like a short list, but in so many of these categories, I have never thought about this stuff before. The authors ask us to take action this week by finding the person you most want to emulate in your own life and try to be more like them.
Who do you admire? Feel free to comment below. I look forward to hearing from you.
This week’s list asks us to jot down the things that motivate us. So…here are mine (In no particular order):
- Good ideas
- Hunger (But not literal hunger)
- What the scale says (this only applies to dietary issues)
- Getting a lot done in one day.
Take Action: Practice turning one of your motivators into a daily habit that will push you to take action and make your accomplishments happen. (Looks like I already do that!)
What made your list? Let me know!
I apologize for not posting these in a timely fashion. I am hoping to do a little better but I have been swamped with some other work and personal things that have been going on. List 16 asks us to “List our Essentials.” I’m not totally sure what qualifies as an “essential” but I am assuming that it is something you can’t live without. Taking out the obvious essentials such as food, water, air, etc…Here are mine:
- Pen and paper
- The Internet (substituting for TV and my DVDS LOL)
- My “lucky” Van Halen shirt
- Tennis racket
- Can of tennis balls
I would have thought my list would have been a lot longer, but that’s what I could come up with. What’s on yours?
Until next time,
Follow Julie Young on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/authorJulieYoung
On Twitter: @JulieYoung14
This week, we are asked to list our dream trips. I have to admit, I have never really thought about this before. My parents didn’t do much traveling, so I have never thought much about this, but if there were places I would like to see before I die, I guess they would be:
- Disney World (Of course I’ve been there but who wouldn’t want to go back?)
- Prince Edward Island (The land of Anne of Green Gables)
- Washington D.C.
- The Grand Canyon
- Any national park (because I have never been to one.)
- Mt. Rushmore
I’m sure there are others, but those are the ones I can think of for now. The book says in order to take action, that we should implement the type of things we like to do on vacation in our every day lives. By their nature, vacations are supposed to be relaxing, but any vacation I have taken feels more like work (especially number 1.) I guess I could start taking in some state parks and taking the opportunity to travel more than I do.
Where would you go? Let me know below or contact me through
This week’s list asks us to list the things that cheer you up! What made the cut for you?
- Hearing “Stairway to Heaven.”
- Hearing any song by Heart on the radio.
- When someone follows my blog.
- Pictures of Disney World.
- When I plant something.
- When it germinates.
- Vincent’s smile.
- A kid with a great laugh!
- When someone says “I Love You.”
- A good book.
- A good movie.
- Fan mail
- Found money.
Take action: circle the things that you can do yourself. You are the only owner of your happiness.
This week’s list invites us to list our best qualities. It’s always so hard to evaluate your own best attributes, but give it a try…you’ll realize you had more than you ever thought!
- I can sing well.
- I can write well.
- I have pretty good hair.
- I tend to be pretty enthusiastic about things.
- I play a good game of tennis.
- I learn things easily.
- I still like riding bikes.
- I still remember what it’s like to be a kid.
Take Action: Keep adding to this list throughout the year as you realize more and more of the unique and incredible things that make you, you!
This week’s list asks us to jot down the ways in which we can rejuvenate our space.
- Find something that makes you smile and put it in a prominent place.
- Make something that gibes you pride and satisfaction.
- Frame a favorite photo
- Open a window (fresh air always smells great)
- Plant something.
- Sweep a floor (you won’t believe the difference that it makes.)
- Play music
- Air freshener (may seem obvious, but for some people it’s not)
- New placemats (brightens any table)
- Bake Cookies.
Tip of the week: Pick one thing you can do this week and notice how your space and your mood changes!) Be sure to let me know what you did!