It’s official, I have heard from Alpha books that The Complete Idiot’s Guide to ASMR is coming in May 2015. I have seen the book’s front matter already and I can tell you that I am super excited to share some information with everyone! (No this is not the cover BTW, I am just using it in the mean time until I know what the official one will be!)
What can you expect from The Complete Idiot’s Guide to ASMR? The book is split into five parts, which tackle a different aspect of the phenomenon:
- Part One – ASMR Basics: This covers what ASMR is, the science of sleep and why everyone is using it to distress their lives.
- Part Two – The Origins of ASMR: This section talks about some of the other alternative therapies that ASMR is related to or can be experienced within such as meditation, hypnosis, biofeedback, etc. This section also offers an overview of the ASMR community and its history.
- Part Three – Finding your triggers: This explains how to tap into how you receive information, asks you to recall warm, fuzzy feelings of your childhood, explores visual, auditory and tactile triggers and explains the brain wave patterns where the ASMR experience tends to occur.
- Part Four – Applying ASMR: This section is for those who either want to try and trigger people in everyday life (perhaps through their “bedside manner” or create content online as an ASMRtist.
- Part Five – Becoming part of the ASMR community: This section investigates the basic etiquette of interacting online with ASMRtists and other tingle heads as well as the realities of “going pro” and making money from your content.
In addition, the book will give you a list of the Top 100 ASMR artists, a sample role play and guided meditation, several do-it-yourself prop ideas and plenty of tips from the top ASMRtists all over the world! I can’t tell you how hard Ilse and I worked on this book and we sure hope that everyone enjoys it. I’ll be back next week, with a very special announcement about my future projects within the ASMR community.