Today, I thought I would talk a little about the top ASMRtists that trigger me. As most of you know, this is a very subjective thing and not a one-size-fits-all proposition. While I am sure most of these names will be familiar to a lot of my fellow ASMR experiencers…if you are just starting out in the world of ASMR…here are a few names to know! (For the record…these rankings are based on who I discovered first, second, third and so on and do not reflect a preference of one over another.)
1. WhisperSweetie: WhisperSweetie’s “Hand Relaxation Number 2” was the first ASMR video I ever watched (and promptly fell asleep to.) It is only about 15 minutes long but it was enough to knock me out and I would probably be sleeping still if it were not for that music at the end! LOL I can still remember debating about watching it as I didn’t know what “Asmr” (read as a word and not an acronym) was. However…I suffer from terrible tendonitis and carpel tunnel so this video works like a tonic for me and her subsequent “Hands Relaxation Number 3” is the perfect length for a short cat nap!
2. WaterWhispers Isle: Dear, sweet Ilse….my co-author and fellow journey woman on my latest literary adventure was the second ASMRtist whose screen name I could remember and whose videos I sought out. During one of our early phone calls (after she let me fan girl for a few minutes) I told her that I was addicted to the way she says “umm hmm.” (If you are familiar with her work, then you know what I am talking about.) She laughed and said she gets that a lot and this exchange totally broke the ice between the two of us. I had to laugh though the first time we were brainstorming some ideas for the book and I said, “Where did you find that?” to which she answered, “Let me look that up for you.” Now of course she said it in her “regular” voice…but again…if you know her videos you know how that sentence sounds and it was the biggest triple trip ever!
3. ViniVidiVulpes: Violet is my hometown ASMRtist. We are both from the Hoosier Heartland and although she is a bit of a mystery, I have dreams of running into her on the street. Violet’s videos are not as frequent as other ASMRtists, but she was the first one I found that had an hour long video that enabled me to get a really decent amount of sleep without watching the clock. Violet keeps her videos fairly simple, but her soft gaze, gentle smile and deliberate movements always make viewing them worth my time. I highly recommend her.
4. Heather Feather: Although I have been watching Heather for a looonnnng time (well in ASMR time, it would be considered a long time) I have to admit that I almost didn’t click on her videos because her big soulful eyes seemed so sad to me. That being said, I am sooooo glad I did! I have had the pleasure of watching Heather grow from a cat food-balancing camera operator into one of the Coppola’s of ASMR content creation. Heather has upped the ante for everyone and is constantly looking for ways to push the art form forward. I am proud to say that she and I have chatted in the past and she has been very complimentary of my work on this book. Definitely worth checking out. (Don’t let the costumes scare you off! LOL)
5. Olivia Kisspers ASMR: Another dear acquaintance with whom I have had the pleasure of exchanging messages with. This woman’s hands are hypnotic and I dare you to stay awake for long! Olivia’s videos have come a long way in the past year and like a lot of ASMRtists, it’s interesting to see where someone begins and how their art evolves. Olivia has been a quick study and if you do manage to listen to a lot of her commentary on her videos, you will find that she has a very dark sense of humor at times. ha ha! Many of the long-time ASMRtists do and that’s great. They are constantly looking for ways to incorporate new ideas for old triggers and it is obvious that Olivia has a lot of fun with it.