Today, Charlotte Howard (a fellow Rocking Horse Publishing author) has stopped by to share a little about her book FOUR LETTER WORDS. I haven’t known Charlotte long, so I was very excited to get to know her a little bit and I know my readers are going to love her as well. Be sure to check out her latest release. I don’t think you will regret it! Be sure to post your thoughts or ask questions and I know she will be happy to respond.
1. Tell our audience a little about yourself: I was born in Oman and spent much of the first part of my life flitting between Oman, Scotland, and England. Now settled in Somerset, I live with my photographer husband, two children, dog and two cats. I enjoy reading and writing (of course), spending time with my family, and watching action movies, whilst eating curry and drinking tea.
2. Tell us a little about your latest release: Four Letter Words is the sequel to my debut novel, Seven Dirty Words. It’s a contemporary romance based around the life of Paige Holmes. In the original novel, Paige finds herself torn between two men – Vance Ellery (Tall, Dark, & Smouldering, or TDS) and Matt Jackson. In Four Letter Words she has made her choice, but after she finds herself in trouble once again she is forced to question her decisions.
3. What was the inspiration behind the story? I will admit that I wrote Seven Dirty Words after reading the FSOG trilogy. I’d never tried to write romance before, always interested in crime, but after FSOG, I decided to give it a go, and it worked! I knew from the word go that it would be duet story, and just let the words flow from my fingers to the keyboard.
4. How long did it take you to write it? Four Letter Words took 3 months to write, but several more to edit and polish it.
5. How long did it take you to find your publisher/agent? Not very. I was lucky enough to have worked with Robin (RHP) before she started the publishing company, and she took on Seven Dirty Words with a view to accepting any sequels.
6. How are you marketing the book? The usual routes – Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest… I have several blog tours and interviews lined up. I’m also hoping to get some local coverage through newspapers and radios as I did with the first book. I will also be attending Smut by the Sea, in Scaborough, UK, in June to do a reading.
7. Did you always know you wanted to write? Short answer: Yes. I’ve been writing from a very early age. Mainly poetry, but short stories developed, and in 2010 I wrote my first full-length novel which was self-published (and now out of print).
8. Do you have a traditional “day job” or are you a full time writer? Sort of. I’m a full-time Mum and housewife. I also volunteer for the local Girl Guiding Association and work part-time as a midday supervisor at the local school.
9. Who are some of your favorite authors? I’m not sure I have a favourite author as such. I have a wide reading range and will give anything a go. I read a lot of Tami Hoag’s books, and am currently obsessed with Sylvia Day’s Crossfire series.
10. What’s next for you? I’ve just finished a shorter novel, which is currently under submission, and I am writing a fourth contemporary romance. I also plan to have a go at a fantasy series under a pen-name.
11. How can our readers get in contact with you?
What others are saying about Charlotte Howard:
” A steamy romance within a great story!” -anonymous on bn.com
“I loved the main character, Paige. She was really easy to relate to and the story as a whole was fast-paced and super easy to get into. I’ve been struggling more to get into books lately but it was really hard to put this one down! I was really surprised by a few of the plot points and the ending of the book. Howard gives some great descriptions and not all of her wording is cliched or overused by other authors like in some books — her voice feels fresh and new. Can’t wait ’til the sequel!” -Rachel on amazon.com